ADSM-L

Re: Multiple TSM Servers/Informix restore

2003-12-14 08:01:40
Subject: Re: Multiple TSM Servers/Informix restore
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:00:26 +0200
I would say the advice was incomplete and your "feelings" are quite
correct.
Restore of a TSM server DB is the first step inoperational recovery
process. Next (though not so lengthy) step is to configure the libraries,
drives, paths, and ... storage agents + polled clients.

Imagine the mess when the restored "SAPPROD" contacts a node in polling
mode and convinces it to perform a backup. Execution of
preschedule&postschedule scripts in the middle of the day might become a
big headache.

The problem wouldn't be resolved by simply renaming restored server to
SAPQAS as the library manager knows that SAPPROD is the onwer of those
libvolumes. The mess can get deeper and deeper.

What actually are you trying to accomplish?

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Willem Roos <wroos AT SHOPRITE.CO DOT ZA>
11.12.2003 13:23