ADSM-L

bad performance when restoring single files from a backupset

2003-12-12 08:22:37
Subject: bad performance when restoring single files from a backupset
From: Sascha Braeuning <Sascha.Braeuning AT SPARKASSEN-INFORMATIK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:22:06 +0100
Hello,

I performed a backupset from one of our servers (Windows NT). The backupset
was generated on a HP Ultrium LTO drive, which is conected to the TSM
Server (also Windows NT TSM Version 4.2.2.0) via SCSI. The generation
process of the backupset ran 2,5 hours. Now I tried to read the contents of
the backupset (q backupsetcontents). The read process takes more than one
day!! When I think of restoring a single file from this backupset, I get
crazy!

Can anybody help me or has an explanation of such a difference between
backing up and restoring?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sascha Bräuning
DB/DC C/S-Systeme/Überwachungsverfahren FE/KA

Sparkassen Informatik GmbH & Co.KG
Wilhelm-Pfitzer-Straße 1
70736 Fellbach
Telefon: 0711/5722-2144
Telefax: 0711/5722-2147
Notes: Sascha Bräuning/6322/FE/SI/DE@Sparkassen-Informatik
E-Mail: sascha.braeuning AT sparkassen-informatik DOT de