ADSM-L

Re: Errors using tapes on H-drives in 3494

2003-12-10 17:56:26
Subject: Re: Errors using tapes on H-drives in 3494
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:56:07 -0500
>When we start move data with a tape written on an E-drive, it moves the data
>to a scratch volume. So far so good, but when the scratch tape is defined in
>an storage pool we see the message anr8359, Media fault detected and status
>is changed again to read-only.

Brian - I think we need to see more information about corresponding devclass
        changes and Atape driver upgrade in this E to H change.
As always, the usability of the drives should first have been tested at the
operating system level, to establish a baseline for functionality and
verified tape speed.  Never immediately give new hardware over to an appl.

  Richard Sims, BU