ADSM-L

Re: Backsets To Removable Media

2003-12-09 16:45:57
Subject: Re: Backsets To Removable Media
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:48:03 -0600
I have tried it to CDs.  There are a couple of way, if you use 'direct cd'
or equivalent,
and you point the output to the cd/dvd writer, it works OK. But we have
doors on the
front of cabinets, so the CDwriter wants to eject into the door.

Another option is to have the disk images written to a directory, then take
and burn
all the files (one per cd/dvd) to the media.  You must have enough disk
space to
hold the backupset on disk, or burn the full images off to cd/dvd  as soon
as you can
then delete the files to make room on disk.

Just a couple of thoughts.

        ... Jack Coats, Sterling Bank, Houston