ADSM-L

Solaris client oddity

2003-12-09 10:49:00
Subject: Solaris client oddity
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:48:30 -0500
I recently had to sort out some confusion about updating TSM configuration
files on a Solaris system running 5.1.6.0 client code. It turned out that
the TSM binaries were in /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba32/bin. As I expected,
the contents of that directory included dsm.opt and dsm.sys. However, these
were not ordinary files but symbolic links pointing to files in /usr/bin.
The client administrator inherited the system from somewhere else and does
not know the historical origin of the symbolic links. Are these links built
into the Solaris client code installation package or the result of
a decision made by an earlier system administrator?