ADSM-L

SQL TDP configurations

2003-12-08 21:59:19
Subject: SQL TDP configurations
From: David Benigni <dbenigni AT LUTRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:58:24 -0500
Simple question.  What is the optimal why to back up MS SQL databases?
Whats the ideal pool configuration etc?

Right now I'm running into trouble with the way Tivoli was originally
figured for our systems.  The SQL tdp's sit on the client and back up to
a tape pool just for sql backups.  The tape pool is backed up to our drm
pool then.  The problem is our one sql database takes a long time to
backup, and it pushing the schedules all off.

The other weird thing is, the sql tdp for no apparent reason decided to
cut its throughput in half.  Needless to say the backups take twice as
long.  And the machine itself has not changed.

Any thoughts would be great.  TIA.

David Benigni