ADSM-L

Re: Unavailable volume

2003-12-08 04:54:00
Subject: Re: Unavailable volume
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:51:28 +0100
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 07:32:10 +0200
Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL> wrote:

> Hi to all
>
> I had a volume with errors reading did on it an audit volume and move data
> but still data on it (those process required a lot of cleaning the drive ,
> by the way the drive is working fine ?.).
>
> I know that if I delete this volume (discardd=yes) the next backup Tsm
> will backup the files was stored on this volume,  my question is if I turn
> the volume "Unavailable" did TSM will do the same ??..

depending on the use of this volume do either:

restore volume, this will mark the volume destroyed and restore the data
from copypool to the primairy volume.

delete volume discard=y _only_ if the volume is a copypool volume. On the
next backup stg TSM will back up all data lost from the volume again from
the primairy copy.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams