ADSM-L

Re: NTFS Security on restores

2003-12-04 08:59:13
Subject: Re: NTFS Security on restores
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:58:45 -0500
Turns out after talking to the tech who did the restore, the the tech that
built the new 2K3 server and filesystems had created a skeleton directory
structure on the G: drive with the incorrect permissions. The tech that did
the restore figured it was a clean filesystem and didn't replace them.

So, they shot themselves in the foot! But until I could PROVE that, it was
TSM's fault!
Bill