ADSM-L

Re: TSM from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2 ( library problem )

2003-12-03 01:19:50
Subject: Re: TSM from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.2 ( library problem )
From: Nazeer Parak <nazeer.parak AT ARIVIA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:19:24 +0200
Hi there
sorry for the slow reply. very busy.

tapeutil i think is a utility and is part of the atape driver set. this utility
can be used to test and diagnose the functionality of your library and
tapedrives from the operating system and works independant of TSM which can be
very useful.
we use it on three completely differently configured AIX TSM Servers.the common
factor is that they all use IBM Libraries.

all you do is type tapeutil from anywhere at the prompt. you must be root.
the rest is very self explanatory. if there are errors the utility dumps sense
data to the screen output which can be checked  by IBM hardware engineers.
hope this helps

regards

Systems Engineer
Arivia.kom

* Phone:   203-6062
* Cell:       084-447-7771
 E-Mail:      Nazeer.Parak AT Arivia.co DOT za. <mailto:Nazeer.Parak AT
Arivia.co DOT za.>