ADSM-L

AW: TSM and VMWARE

2003-12-02 12:01:46
Subject: AW: TSM and VMWARE
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:04:23 +0100
Hi,

for ESX, you may want to contact an certified VMWARE partner
or directly an VMWARE sales representative.
They can give you official information you are searching for
in contrast to informations from the forum.
Alternatively, contact an IBM/Tivoli sales representative.

"My" representative tells me TSM would be supported and
can positively prove it works like a breeze.

I am telling here about TSM ESX client
(aimed to backup whole W2K instances)
in contrast to TSM/W2K which obviously does not need anyting
specific if run under W2K which runs under ESX in turn.

regards
Juraj Salak