ADSM-L

TSM and VMWARE

2003-12-02 10:53:14
Subject: TSM and VMWARE
From: rh <rh_info_store AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 07:52:53 -0800
Like many companies, we are attempting to consolidate
multiple Wintel servers into VM's using VMware. Does
anyone know if IBM supports TSM 5.2 servers and
clients running under VMware? I see on VMware's web
site that IBM is a "software alliance partner" and TSM
is listed as supported. I can't find any IBM site that
states this as being true, or the VMware/TSM
combinations that are supported or tested. I don't
want to get into a situation were I will have to
recreate a TSM problem in a standalone environment in
order to get support. Is anybody running this
combination and received support from TSM?

Many thanks,
Rod Hroblak
ADP