ADSM-L

Re: Tape Volumes Needed for a Restore

2003-12-02 09:21:38
Subject: Re: Tape Volumes Needed for a Restore
From: Alan Davenport <Alan.Davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:20:50 -0500
Hello Gerald,

    Here is a script I use for disaster recovery testing so I do not have to
bring each and every tape. It will give you what you are looking for.

      Take care,
          Al

Alan Davenport
Senior Storage Administrator
Selective Insurance Co. of America
alan.davenport AT selective DOT com
(973) 948-1306

/* USAGE: Run BRSLIST nodename stgpoolname */
Issue message I 'List of tapes to recover node $1 from STGPOOL $2.'
SELECT VOLUME_NAME,STATUS FROM VOLUMES WHERE VOLUME_NAME IN (SELECT
VOLUME_NAME FROM VOLUMEUSAGE WHERE NODE_NAME=upper('$1') AND
STGPOOL_NAME=Upper('$2') ORDER BY status,volume_name