ADSM-L

Re: Query dsm.opt file from TSM Server?

2003-12-02 09:20:56
Subject: Re: Query dsm.opt file from TSM Server?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:20:33 -0500
>>>I have 2 Network Cards in my TSM Server.
>>>I would like to know which clients are connecting to which card.
>>>I know I can look at each individual client at the dsm.opt file.
>>>
>>>Is there a way to find this information from the server side?
>>>If I don't have to go to each client that would be great!

>>See "IP addresses of clients" in ADSM QuickFacts.
>>The most obvious way is to inspect ANR0406I messages in the Activity Log.

>I am not looking for each client's IP Address.
>I am looking for the value of "TCPServeraddress x.x.x.x" in each client's
>dsm.opt file...

Marc - What I was trying to get across was that, in a classic multi-homed
       ethernet card scenario, with each card attached to a different subnet,
the ANR0406I message will reveal the subnet and thus card through which the
client connected to the server, which will indicate the client's choice -
barring odd routing.  Even if you could feasibly inspect every client option
file, a possible complexity there is that its TCPServeraddress may specify
a hostname rather than specific IP address, and in DNS the hostname may
be associated with multiple IP addresses.  YMMV.

  Richard Sims, BU