ADSM-L

Re: Full diskpool & clients to tape, but when the diskpool is migrate d the clients still goes to tape

2003-12-01 07:27:25
Subject: Re: Full diskpool & clients to tape, but when the diskpool is migrate d the clients still goes to tape
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 07:27:02 -0500
>I guess the subjectline says it all.
>When my diskpool gets full the new sessions goes directly to the tapepool, but
>when the diskpool is migrated and gets free space the sessions still wait for
>mountpoint in my tapepool.  Is it normal behaviour??

Use Query Content to see what went to tape.  It may be the old chestnut of
directories going to a different management class in the absence of DIRMc,
to be under the longest retention policy.
See topic in "Backups go directly to tape..." in
http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts
for other causes.

   Richard Sims, BU