ADSM-L

Re: encryption: 56 to 128

2003-11-27 11:02:59
Subject: Re: encryption: 56 to 128
From: Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT CGI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:00:44 -0500
I always ask if any data that transits on the network is encrypted. Usually
it's not. So why would the backups be?. Unlike Netbackup, TSM does not use
tar to write on tapes. It uses its own proprietary method. And without the
TSM database, a TSM tape is worhtlees...

Guillaume Gilbert
Backup Administrator
CGI - ITM
(514) 415-3000 x5091