ADSM-L

data in wrong stgpool

2003-11-25 15:13:52
Subject: data in wrong stgpool
From: John Lesica <jlesica AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:58:31 -0500
I've tried sending this a couple of times now from my work address and it
hasn't been working.  If this comes as a duplicate, I apologized.

I recently discoverd that someone setup a copygroup wrong and data was being
sent to the wrong storage pool. My problem is that the stgpool it was being
sent to also has a copystgpool. I did a move nodedata <node> from=<source>
to=<dest> and that ran okay. It moved from one primary pool to another. Now,
I'd like to get the data in the copystgpool removed too. I've tried expire i
and backup stg. I've also tried clean archdir and clean backupgroup and that
hasn't worked. The only other thing I can come up with is to collocate the
offsite pool and do a bunch of move nodedata to isolate that data on
specific offsite volumes, then doing a del v discard=y on them.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups!  Get downloads, videos,
and more here.  http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx