ADSM-L

data in wrong stgpool

2003-11-25 15:06:49
Subject: data in wrong stgpool
From: Kurt A Rybczyk <rybczyk AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:51:24 -0500
I recently discoverd that someone setup a copygroup wrong and data was
being sent to the wrong storage pool. My problem is that the stgpool it
was being sent to also has a copystgpool. I did a move nodedata <node>
from=<source> to=<dest> and that ran okay. It moved from one primary pool
to another. Now, I'd like to get the data in the copystgpool removed too.
I've tried expire i and backup stg. I've also tried clean archdir and
clean backupgroup and that hasn't worked. The only other thing I can come
up with is to collocate the offsite pool and do a bunch of move nodedata
to isolate that data on specific offsite volumes, then doing a del v
discard=y on them.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

kr

Kurt Rybczyk