ADSM-L

Catalog Size and large number of files

2003-11-18 10:56:30
Subject: Catalog Size and large number of files
From: "Pasquale, Joe" <joe.pasquale AT SPCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:40:57 -0500
We multiple file servers with large amounts of files.  We would like to
perform a full-incremental backup everyday with full backups every month.
We found that with the large amount of small files, the TSM catalog size can
grow exponentially, especially if full backups are done every month.  Is
anyone running into the same issue?  If so, could you please forward some
possible solutions?

Thanks.
Joe

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you
are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the
information included in this message is prohibited -- Please immediately and
permanently delete.