ADSM-L

Re: TSM ASR

2003-11-17 08:31:10
Subject: Re: TSM ASR
From: Paul Ripke <stix AT STIX.HOMEUNIX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:30:15 +1100
In regards to your second question:

On Monday, Nov 17, 2003, at 20:46 Australia/Sydney, Henrik Wahlstedt wrote:

Second, network speed......... My switch  is configured auto/auto, the
server connects with 1000/full which is reported by the switch and 2GB
restore takes 40 minutes.
I´ll configure the switch to 1000/full so I dont get TSM classic network
problem.

TSM server 5.2.1.0, client 5.2.03

You need to provide a little bit more info:
- Do you have server accounting enabled? i.e. dsmaccnt.log.
- Was the restore from tape or disk pools?
- If from tape
  - What tape technology?
  - Is the data colocated?
  - How many tape mounts?

That should help us to answer your question.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke
Unix/OpenVMS/TSM/DBA