ADSM-L

Re: TDP Policy Change

2003-11-17 07:03:20
Subject: Re: TDP Policy Change
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:02:11 +0200
The expiration time and load mainly depend on number of objects and not on
their total size. If you have to expire several thousands Domino databases
it will go pretty quick. But when the time comes to the mountain of
transaction logs of the Domino server, things may get worse.

For that reason TSM is having the CANcel EXPiration command. You can
schedule EXPire INVentory to start say at 15:00 and schedule at 19:00
expiration cancellation. Thus expiration would have only four hours each
day and when everything got expired it should finish before being
cancelled.
Put your own periods and schedules!

Be aware that if your expiration needs outgrow your expiration window, you
will sonner or later run out of scratches!!! Usual expiration should
finish on time and should not need to be cancelled.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Douglas Currell <dlcurrell AT YAHOO DOT COM>
17.11.2003 11:00