ADSM-L

Re: different backup policy on single node?

2003-11-17 06:42:44
Subject: Re: different backup policy on single node?
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:14:00 +0200
You can make one manual backup without "quiet" option. Then you will see
many messages about files being re-bound to the new class. It also can be
seen on backup session summary in dsmsched.log / dsmaccnt.log / ActLog as
"Total number of objects rebound".

If you prefer to do the backup via scheduler (or have done it this way) -
DO NOT FORGET to bounce the scheduler!!! Otherwise it will not pick the
changes in dsm.sys and therefore will not recognize changes to
include/exclude list!

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Alexander Lazarevich <alazarev AT ITG.UIUC DOT EDU>
14.11.2003 17:54