ADSM-L

Re: Can't backup oracle with TDP 5.1.5 on windows 2000 server

2003-11-14 12:11:32
Subject: Re: Can't backup oracle with TDP 5.1.5 on windows 2000 server
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:10:48 -0800
Two Problems here: First off, you need to register the target database
with RMAN - that should take care of  your last error. Secondly, you need
to put the key word "TDPO_OPTFILE" in all caps. Although, it appears to
work for you, I can assure it is not.

The 'ENV=()'; command in RMAN puts the contents inside the parentheses to
the environment (putenv()). DP for Oracle does a getenv() on
"TDPO_OPTFILE" which means that if that does not match exactly we do not
recognize the parameter. The reason why it appears to work is that by
default we look in the installation directory for the tdpo.opt file. The
allocate channel command should look like this:

allocate channel t1 type 'sbt_tape' parms 'ENV=(TDPO_OPTFILE=C:\Program
Files\Tivoli\Tsm\AgentOBA\tdpo.opt)';

Regards,

Neil Rasmussen
Software Development