ADSM-L

q libvol anomaly

2003-11-14 11:46:02
Subject: q libvol anomaly
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:28:28 -0800
TSM Server

AIX 4.3.3

TSM 5.1.6.3

I noticed a very odd output from the WEB admin console today, and yes it
shows the same via a command window. All volumes above and below this look
fine but I don't understand why these particular tapes are bunched together,
and obviously out of order from the rest.

I can tell you that these specific volumes were all offsite. I could see
they showed 0.0% FULL and 99.9% reclaimable but when I tried to run a move
data on them TSM said they had no data on them. I recalled them, checked
them in and ran an audit vol on each. This cleaned them up and they all went
pending.

Are they showing up here because I have checked them in and made them
available, because no other offsite volumes do. Even if that is normal the
format and order of the output is still weird.

3494LIB        U02659        Private                   Data

3494LIB        U02661        Private                   Data

3494LIB        U02663        Private                   Data

3494LIB        U02664        Private                   Data

3494LIB        U02665        Private                   Data

3494LIB        U02668,U02-   Private

                354,U0255-

                7,U02752,-

                U1023,U00-

                441,U00628

3494LIB        U02670        Private                   Data

3494LIB        U02671        Private                   Data

3494LIB        U02672        Private                   Data

3494LIB        U02673        Private                   Data

3494LIB        U02675        Scratch

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer