ADSM-L

different backup policy on single node?

2003-11-14 10:04:22
Subject: different backup policy on single node?
From: Alexander Lazarevich <alazarev AT ITG.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:03:37 -0600
TSM 5.1 on Windows 2K server with Overland Neo 4100 LTO2. Windows, unix,
mac clients.

We nfs mount OS X workspaces onto our Linux fileserver, and back them up
from there. We do that because, frankly, the TSM OS X scheduler is
terrible. And since there is no command line for the TSM OS X client, we
can't run the scheduler on OS X with cron. (what is IBM thinking?)

Anyway, we now want different policies for the OS X nfs mounts and the
other filesystems on the linux client. But I don't see any way of getting
this done in TSM, it just wasn't designed that way.

But is there any backdoor way to accomplish that? I just need a way to have
different filespaces on a single client belong to different policies?

Or is there any version of the OS X TSM client that actually can run via
command line?

Thanks in advance,

Alex