ADSM-L

DB2 backups with multiple DB's on one host

2003-11-13 19:06:43
Subject: DB2 backups with multiple DB's on one host
From: "French, Michael" <Michael.French AT SAVVIS DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:05:34 -0600
        I have a customer who has two DB2 databases on one server and I need to
back them up with TSM.  Is it possible to do this with two separate node names
to keep them apart?  If so, how would I do this?  Since you have to define 3
environment variables specific to DB2 for TSM and one of them points to the
dsm.opt file, can I specify two different node entries inside of the opt file?
Would it look something like this:

SERVERNAME TSM1
COMMMEHOD tcpip
TCPBUFFSIZE 512
TCPWINDOWSIZE 128
TCPNODELAY yes
TCPSERVERADDRESS 10.82.96.21
NODENAME TIVANAI
PASSWORDACCESS generate

SERVERNAME TSM1
COMMMEHOD tcpip
TCPBUFFSIZE 512
TCPWINDOWSIZE 128
TCPNODELAY yes
TCPSERVERADDRESS 10.82.96.21
NODENAME TIVASSI
PASSWORDACCESS generate

        If I do this, how do I specify inside of DB2 which node to use?  I know
that there is a parameter called TSM_NODENAME that is set inside DB2, but I
don't know how to generate the encrypted password since it only grabs the first
entry out of the opt file.

Michael French
Savvis Communications
IDS01 Santa Clara, CA