ADSM-L

Re: Storage pool util incorrectly reported

2003-11-10 17:27:23
Subject: Re: Storage pool util incorrectly reported
From: Jim Sporer <james.sporer AT DOIT.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:26:44 -0600
What is your maxscratch set to?
Jim Sporer

At 03:11 PM 11/10/2003 -0600, you wrote:
        While this error isn't causing any problems on the server, it is
setting off our system monitoring agent which is quite irritating.  The
prime pool is reporting itself to be 100% utilized which it is not and
the estimated capacity is at 0% (same thing for the DRM pool).  I tried
updating the device 3590 with an estimated capacity of 120GB's and
restarting TSM, that didn't do it.  I must have some option not set so
that TSM can't properly calculate this value, what might it be?  My other
servers are correct, but I can't seem to find the difference between
them.  Thanks in advance!

My environment:
TSM 4.2.4.1 for Solaris
IBM 3494 library with 4 drives assigned to this server

Output of q stg:

tsm: TSM3.USSNTC6>q stg

Storage                         Device          Estimated
Pct       Pct     High     Low     Next Stora-
Pool Name                       Class
Name  Capacity            Util      Migr      Mig     Mig      ge Pool
                                     (MB)
                       Pct     Pct
-----------                     ----------            ----------     -----
    -----     ----     ---     -----------
ARCHIVEPOOL             DISK                  0.0               0.0
      0.0       90              70
BACKUPPOOL      DISK            204,000.0               0.0
0.0       0          0     I013590PRIME

I013590DRM1             3590                  0.0               100.0
I013590PRIME            3590                  0.0               100.0
81.7     100           99
SPACEMGPOOL             DISK                  0.0               0.0
      0.0       90              70

Michael French
Savvis Communications
IDS01 Santa Clara, CA