ADSM-L

problems with OS/390 fixtest file

2003-11-07 15:49:41
Subject: problems with OS/390 fixtest file
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:49:01 -0500
Anyone in the MVS world seen this before?

I've ftp'd the 5.1.7.3 linklib and messages files from the IBM ftp site.
I've transferred them to a pre-allocated data set on the mainframe with
the recommended format, lrecl and block size (FB, 80, 3120).
Yet, when I run the receive command to convert it from the xmit format
to a link library I get the following message:

INMR921I Received file appears not to be an Interactive Data
Transmission Facilty file. The first record is:,
INMR922I : ::INMR01 : : :&:: : :SNJMAS3:: : :K311552:: : :99:: : :99:: :
:20030

and, in fact this file does look different from the one's we downloaded
for 4.1.4.2.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? I may try a different level
fixtest just for drill.

Thanks,

--
Jim Kirkman