ADSM-L

Re: APAR IC35953 (was "Re: [tsm] Perl TSM daily reporting script.")

2003-11-07 10:56:21
Subject: Re: APAR IC35953 (was "Re: [tsm] Perl TSM daily reporting script.")
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen-tsm AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:55:57 +0100
On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 07:30:42AM -0700, Andrew Raibeck wrote:

> The APAR you refer to is IC35953. The reason it was closed SUG is due to
> the extent of the code changes required to fix it; it is not as trivial as
> it sounds.

It would have been nice if this information was included in the documentation
or the README of the Windows clients. That doesn't involve large code
changes.

> However, this APAR is still on the "to do" list, and has certainly not
> been closed and forgotten.

That's good to hear, but the wording of that APAR and previous experiences
with TSM support made it look otherwise. Through the normal support
channels, one encounters much resistance from IBM when a potential or
suspected bug is involved; the phrase "works as designed" is sometimes
being used much too lightly.

By using the wording I did, I was barking up the wrong tree: the IBM people
on this list are very helpful and very concerned with the quality of TSM.

--
Jurjen Oskam

PGP Key available at http://www.stupendous.org/