ADSM-L

Re: Macintosh OS X include/exclude & domain list

2003-11-07 10:11:35
Subject: Re: Macintosh OS X include/exclude & domain list
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:11:10 +0100
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:37:37 -0700
John Bremer <jbremer AT LANL DOT GOV> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> TSM Server 5.1.6.2, AIX 5.1
>
> Mac OS X 10.2
> TSM Mac OS X client 5.2.0.0
>
> I'm trying to exclude the Macintosh HD domain and backup only one folder
> from the drive.  The GUI is not very cooperative in Edit Preferences.
>
> Documentation says :
>
> DOMAIN "-Macintosh HD:"
>
> in TSM User Preferences should exclude my Mac HD.  Then in TSM System
> Preferences, I want to include a certain folder.  However, I am having
> trouble getting the GUI to "choose" the folder and add an include
> statement to the System Preferences.
>
> Assuming the folder is "Documents", what would be the syntax?  Below?
>
> include "Macintosh HD:Documents:...:*"
>
> I can't get this to be added through the GUI, but can BBEDIT the
> Preferences files.

I guess using bbedit on the prefs file is sensible... the TSM clinet gui is
somewhat limitted wrt the possible selections of include-exclude rules....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams