ADSM-L

Re: Perl TSM daily reporting script (source link)

2003-11-06 15:52:53
Subject: Re: Perl TSM daily reporting script (source link)
From: Tobias Hofmann <tobias.hofmann AT MEDIEN.UNI-WEIMAR DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 21:49:55 +0100
Patrick,

thanks for sharing this - for me, this is yum! :)

On 06.11.2003 18:35, Patrick Audley wrote:

  I've placed the script on my website rather than send it out
individually.  This is a preliminary version and might not work for
everyone nor is it fully documented yet.   Any feed back is welcome.

my 2c:

If I run
select library_name, status, count(*) as NO_OF_Tapes from
adsm.libvolumes group by library_name, status

it tells me i have 6 scratch tapes,
your script does not say anything:

7. Scratch Volumes

  Scratch volumes are the volumes that TSM uses to do... well pretty
 much everything.  If you run out then the server will break and bad
 juju will happen. All of the numbers below should be greater than at
 least 5.

___________________
8. Paths and Drives

Is that how it is supposed to work?

TIA for input,

greets, tobi... :)

  http://blackcat.ca/tsm_daily_report

                                        Good luck :)

P.S.  Thanks for all those who send suggestions, I'll work on
integrating them.

--
Patrick Audley                          paudley AT compbio.dundee.ac DOT uk
High Performance Computing Manager

Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Hofmann   Bauhaus-Universitaet Weimar  D99423 Weimar
Professur fuer Graphische Datenverarbeitung      Projekt medienquadrat
SnailMail:  Bauhaus-Universitaet  Weimar,  Fak. Medien,  D99421 Weimar
Location:     D99423 Weimar     Karl-Haussknechtstr. 7      Zimmer 111
                Fon: ++49-(0)3643-58-3780  Fax : -3701
          e-mail: mailto:tobias.hofmann AT medien.uni-weimar DOT de