ADSM-L

Re: Cannot restore Database

2003-11-06 13:33:16
Subject: Re: Cannot restore Database
From: Brenda Collins <brenda.collins AT US.ING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:32:00 -0600
We just ran into this same situation yesterday at a D.R. test.  We found
that it was because we set up the new server with raw logical disk volumes
and the production server was actually set up with it's disk as
filesystems.

Brenda Collins,
ING - Americas Infrastructure Services
Office: (612) 342-3839
Cell: (612) 290-0785
Brenda.Collins AT us.ing DOT com

                      Alan Davenport
                      <Alan.Davenport@SEL        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      ECTIVE.COM>                cc:
                                                 Subject:  Cannot restore
Database
                      11/05/2003 02:35 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hello Group,

         I'm trying to restore a TSM database to a disaster recovery copy
of
one of our remote TSM servers without success. I installed TSM onto the DR
box, copied the DEVCFG.OUT and VOLHIST.OUT files into the directory where
the new server was built. When I try to restore the database I get the
following error. Any idea where I am going wrong?

ANR0900I Processing options file c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\server1\dsmserv.o-
pt.
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 09:58:50 on Jun 13 2003.

Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows
Version 5, Release 2, Level 0.0

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990,2003. All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR8200I TCP/IP driver ready for connection with clients on port 1500.
ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 1000 megabytes.
ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 2000 megabytes.
ANR4621I Database backup device class TAPE2.
ANR4622I   Volume 1: B00004.
ANR4632I Starting point-in-time database restore (no commit).
ANR9999D icrest.c(2076): ThreadId<0> Rc=33 reading header record.
ANR2032E RESTORE DB: Command failed - internal server error detected.
Entering exception handler.

Thanks,
    Al

Alan Davenport