ADSM-L

lan free and copystgpool parameter

2003-11-06 08:24:58
Subject: lan free and copystgpool parameter
From: i love tsm <ilovetsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:24:41 +0000
Hi All

Well my lan free backup/restore is now working to my onsite library.
However one little niggle is that even though the tape storage pool I'm
writing to has the copystgpool parameter set (pointing to offsite storage
pool) it doesn;t seem to work.   The copystgpool parameter works on another
stgpool we have.

The storage agent has not been zoned to see any drives at the offsite
location, I thought the TSM server would handle the data transfer to the
copystgpool internally without any use of the storage agent. Is that
correct?

To get this to work, do I need to share my offsite library, zone the storage
agent to see the offsite drives and define some more drive paths??

TSM Server and storage agent= 5.1.5.4

Hope that makes sense..

regards

Chris