ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade & LAN FREE Licensing Question

2003-11-04 09:46:30
Subject: Re: Upgrade & LAN FREE Licensing Question
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:34:14 +0200
In the past there were two different clients: MgSysLAN (B/A Client only)
and MgSysSAN (B/A Client + Storage Agent). For the server you will need
Library Sharing feature.
Since ITSM v5.1 the licensing was modified:
B/A Client is part of either IBM TSM or ITSM Extended Edition. To get
Storage Agent you need ITSM for SAN license on top of ITSM or ITSM XE
license.
Library Sharing now is not a separately licenseable feature but is part of
ITSM Extended Edition.

Thus you need ITSM XE processors for both client and server + ITSM for SAN
processors for the client. You cannot get "lan-free client", you get
"lan-free" (ITSM for SAN) on top of "client" (ITSM XE). Plus your server
needs to be licensed for ITSM XE, and because server and client cannot
intermix ITSM and ITSM XE, the client has to be ITSM XE.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Kamp, Bruce" <bkamp AT MHS DOT NET>
28.10.2003 16:36