ADSM-L

Re: Number of Sessions?

2003-11-04 08:56:44
Subject: Re: Number of Sessions?
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:52:55 +0200
Hi John,

This looks more like an IP problem than a sessions issue - the fact that
your
TCP/IP driver can not initialize is the problem. I remember a loong time ago
a similar
problem existed - more or less in ADSM V3 - but it was limited to specific
hardware
devices connecting the OS/390 system to your LAN - I think it was a problem
specific
to Cisco devices.
We've never had the problem - which might have something to do with the fact
that we
run IBM OSA adapters - previously IBM MAE's.

But coming back to your question/s - it has something to do with your IP
driver - do
you see any errors in the TCPIP STC?
Normally this message comes up when the IP STC has been bounced.
The number of sessions includes the control session and the data session.

Cheers
Christo