ADSM-L

Re: Problem in w2k cluster client

2003-10-31 03:58:47
Subject: Re: Problem in w2k cluster client
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:57:52 +0100
Hi Fernando!
It looks like you have one ore more "stale shares" on this client.
When a directory is shared and that directory is deleted from outside of the
machine, the share isn't removed from the registry. For instance, I have a
machine called A with a directory TEST shared. When I connect to the root of
A from machine B and delete A's directory TEST, the share isn't removed on
A. This causes those "stale shares".
You will have to look into the registry to find which shares there are and
on which directory they are/were mapped.
I cannot check this for Win2K, because I don't have one here, but on Windows
NT the shares can be found in
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\LanmanServer\Shares]
You can remove those stales by removing the key from the registry or by
recreating the missing directory. You will however have to reboot before the
directory gets shared again.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines