ADSM-L

Re: maximumsglist - lanfree

2003-10-30 03:32:45
Subject: Re: maximumsglist - lanfree
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:31:30 +0200
You must set this option higher than 0x41 (I prefer 0xFF) on *any* machine
accessing tape over SAN - be it TSM server, TSM Storage Agent, or any
other product.
Afterwards you must perform the backup *again* - some times with low
maximumsglist setting the data is reported to be written but is not
completely. Thus your backup might be not restoreable.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

i love tsm <ilovetsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
30.10.2003 09:21