ADSM-L

server to server question

2003-10-30 01:54:01
Subject: server to server question
From: Oscar Kolsteren <Oscar.Kolsteren AT POSTBANKMAIL DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:53:36 +0100
Hi all,

we have a server to server connection for disaster recovery reasons.

I read that the data to the target system will come in the archive pool.
My question is; what is the meaning of "Retain Version" in the Archive Copy
Group ?

If I put 365 in it, will all my data be lost after 365 days or will there still
be one active version left ?

We had a value of NOLIMIT in it, but there is an inconsistance between the data
TSM thinks we have at our site (+/- 2 TB) and the data TSM at the recovery site
thinks we have (-/+ 10 TB)

I hope somebody has a solution....

Gr. Oscar Kolsteren
Netherlands

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.