ADSM-L

RESET PASSEXP (for a node)?

2003-10-29 04:58:56
Subject: RESET PASSEXP (for a node)?
From: "GWDVMS::MOELLER" <moeller AT GWDVMS.DNET.GWDG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:58:24 +0100
(TSM server 5.1.6.5 on AIX)

Did anyone find a way to clear a client node's PASSwordEXPiration time
(once it's inadvertently set by some admin), so as to re-establish
the server-wide default value?

A commands like the following doesn't work for me:
   UPDATE NODE ... PASSEXP=""

Strangely, the server's HELP in 5.1.6.5 mentions "RESET PASSEXP"
under both "SET PASSEXP" and "HELP RESET"; unfortunately,
the server doesn't recognize that as a valid command.

 ((And while on the topic of undocumented [line-mode] commands -
   does "FLUSH LOG", which I once entered in despair, have any
   useful purpose? Be careful ... :-())

Wolfgang J. Moeller, Tel. +49 551 201-1516/-1510, moeller AT gwdvms.dnet.gwdg
DOT de
GWDG, D-37077 Goettingen, F.R.Germany     |    Disclaimer: No claim intended!
http://www.gwdg.de/~moeller/ ---- <moeller AT gwdg DOT de> ---- <w.moeller AT
ieee DOT org>