ADSM-L

Re: VÁ: Active Directory bare metal restore

2003-10-28 15:57:28
Subject: Re: VÁ: Active Directory bare metal restore
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:56:52 -0600
They're not in to ask, but probably SG24-6844-01, 1. Disaster Recovery Strategies with Tivoli Storage Management,

At 03:48 PM 10/28/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Which redbook?

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
This message (including any attachments) contains information intended for a specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to applicable law. Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalty. If you have received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from your system immediately.

>>> fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU 10/28/03 03:30PM >>>
That was the purpose of the test: they restored a machine that had suffered
massive disk failure.  There are other ways to move a system to new hardware.

The text they used was the Redbook.

At 09:04 PM 10/28/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>But it works fine only if you restore to the same hardware!
>
>GY

Fred Johanson
ITSM Administration
NSIT/DCS