ADSM-L

Re: Move nodedata - what is moved first

2003-10-26 17:24:55
Subject: Re: Move nodedata - what is moved first
From: Deon George <dgeorge AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:23:10 +1100
You should backup your storage pool with directory information (its a
primary pool), to a secondary storage pool and send that offsite for your
disaster recovery! (But its not absolutely required for DR - you can
restore your files without the DIRMC information).

If the primary ever gets destroyed, then you can restore that storage pool
- at a convenient time.

If you are in a disaster, then that storage pool would be one of the first
things that get restored to facilitate the restore of your other servers
that you would have to do. (Thus try and reduce the number of offsite
tapes that information might be spread across).

...deon
---
Have you looked at the A/NZ Tivoli User Group website?
http://www.tuganz.org

Deon George, IBM Tivoli Software Engineer, IBM Australia
Office: +61 3 9626 6058, Fax: +61 3 9626 6622, Mobile: +61 412 366 816,
IVPN +70 66058
mailto:dgeorge AT au1.ibm DOT com, http://www.ibm.com/tivoli

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 24/10/2003
11:12:34 PM: