ADSM-L

Matching node number to node name?

2003-10-23 08:48:58
Subject: Matching node number to node name?
From: Joe Howell <jhowell_tsm AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 05:47:08 -0700
I'm seeing a couple of messages in my activity log:

ANR0538I A resource waiter has been aborted.
ANR9999D IMFS(3570): ThreadId<6027> Lock conflict error in obtaining sLock for
node 39, filespace 7

I see these several times during my backup cycle.  I'm also seeing problems
with throughput from many of my clients and the backups aren't completing.  I'm
guessing that there's a connection and that whatever contention is causing
these messages to be generated is also preventing my backups from running.
Unfortunately I don't have a node named "39" and I don't see a column name to
contain a node_number in the database.  Anybody know how I can figure out which
client this is?

TSM 5.1.5 on OS/390, all Win2K clients running TSM 5.1.6 or higher.

Joe Howell
Shelter Insurance Companies
Columbia, MO