ADSM-L

Re: Collocation Vs Multiple Storage Pools

2003-10-22 09:26:07
Subject: Re: Collocation Vs Multiple Storage Pools
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:24:14 -0500
DRP quickly comes to mind.
"move nodedata" with a preview may overcome that, but when doing DRP based
on levels of service provided to the customer, being able to decide we only
need 15 of the 3-5,000 offsite tapes trucked across the country is ...
essential.

We jump through several hoops to determine which volumes belong to a
particular node at DRP practice time with 4.x versions of TSM.

A certain TSM competitor has a feature where you can specify different
accounts for each drm event you define, thus better defining critical data
sets.

Back to the original question - You can always collocate/uncollocate fairly
easily if you get into a crunch for tape space. Combining pools can be done,
but takes more work.

How confident are you that you will never run out of tape slots or tapes?

Just my .02 on a slow Wednesday morning.