ADSM-L

TSM Device Driver on Windows XP?

2003-10-21 16:54:53
Subject: TSM Device Driver on Windows XP?
From: Royce E Johnson <rej2 AT MEADWESTVACO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:37:04 -0400
I am running v5.11 on a Compaq Evo laptop with Windows XP.  We have a need
for a "mobile" tsm solution from time to time.  I am trying to talk to a
single, manual, ADIC LTO200D drive.  I had communications with the tape
drive natively through windows, but even after I disable the media changer
through the O/S, I can't get TSM to talk with the drive.  I am using the
IBM Ultrium drivers for the tape drive, but it is not working.

This configuration has worked for us in the past on a Thinkpad running
Windows 2000 Professional.  I believe this is a device driver issue with
Windows XP.  Is there anyway I can make the device driver work with
Windows XP so I can move data to the ADIC drive or should I look for an
Ultrium driver that works on XP or 2003 since 2003 has similarities to XP.

service._______________________________________________________________

Note:  Please update your email address for this user to reflect the
new MeadWestvaco Corporation.  MeadWestvaco employee email addresses
are in the format of user AT MeadWestvaco DOT com

This electronic message contains information from MeadWestvaco
Corporation or subsidiary companies, which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The
information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s)
named.  If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify MeadWestvaco
immediately at postmaster AT MeadWestvaco DOT com.