ADSM-L

Informix TDP restore to another server

2003-10-21 15:50:49
Subject: Informix TDP restore to another server
From: "Conko, Steven" <sconko AT ADT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:48:39 -0600
We're running Informix TDP 4.1, TSM client 5.1 on AIX 4.3.3 trying to
restore to another client running same O/S and TDP/TSM version. Our TSM
server version is at 5.1 on AIX 4.3.3.

The cross-server restore is failing because it is trying to log in as the
"INFORMIX" node... which doesnt exist. I have set the virtualnodename in the
api dsm.opt file and also changed the nodename in the api dsm.sys file.

We can do normal TDP backup and restores to/from the same server and it uses
the right name and works fine.

Any idea why now its trying to use a different nodename (its the name of the
user running the process) and how to overcome it?

Thanks
Steve