ADSM-L

Re: restoring multiple versions of the same file

2003-10-21 15:26:16
Subject: Re: restoring multiple versions of the same file
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:26:31 -0500
The way I have done this type of request is to restore to the same directory
a re-directed restore to
a directory like RESTOREyyyymmdd where the yyyymmdd are the year month and
date of the backup into that sub-directory.  This way the user had an
'opportunity'
to be involved and understand what they are getting.

In short, you are right.  Windows does not allow multiple versions of the
same
file name to exist concurrently at the same place in a directory tree..