ADSM-L

Re: SQL to determine what offsite volumes are needed for move data

2003-10-20 16:58:51
Subject: Re: SQL to determine what offsite volumes are needed for move data
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:55:02 +0300
--> This list of tapes is used by the operators to go and fetch the tapes to
be brought onsite.

I cannot figure it out! For what a reason you prefer to add more risk to
your offsite copies by bringing them onsite? Before new copies reach the
vault you are having *no* offsite copies (or your copies are less than
designed).
I can accept Richard's suggestion assuming he is doing delete and
subsequent stgpool backup *before* to retrieve the volumes onsite. But in
that scenario tracking what to be retrieved might be error prone process.
Yes, TSM is having rather complicated handling of offsite copies, but this
is done so intentionally!!

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>