ADSM-L

Re: Help needed using seagate STT20000A

2003-10-16 17:13:36
Subject: Re: Help needed using seagate STT20000A
From: Steve Ochani <ochanis AT NCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:11:52 -0400
Hello,

On 16 Oct 2003 at 8:43, Hunny Kershaw wrote:

> Steve,
>
> The TSM device driver does not support drives with device ID "STT20000A".
> You will need the Windows native driver for this device.

That's what I tried to use first. And I got the following error when trying to
do the initial
device config.

----
Server Version 5, Release 1, Level 5.0
  Server date/time: 10/13/2003 17:27:29  Last access: 10/13/2003 17:25:23

ANS8000I Server command: 'define library GENLIB1 libtype=manual'
ANR8400I Library GENLIB1 defined.
ANS8000I Server command: 'define drive GENLIB1 GENDRV_0.0.0'
ANR8404I Drive GENDRV_0.0.0 defined in library GENLIB1.
ANS8000I Server command: 'define path STEVEOIMAGE2_SERVER1 GENDRV_0.0.0
srctype=server desttype=drive device=mt1.0.0.0  library=GENLIB1'
ANR8420E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while accessing drive
GENDRV_0.0.0.
ANS8001I Return code 15.
ANS8000I Server command: 'define devc GENCLASS1 devtype=GENERICTAPE
library=GENLIB1'
ANR2203I Device class GENCLASS1 defined.
ANS8000I Server command: 'define stgpool GENPOOL1 GENCLASS1
maxscratch=500  dataformat=NATIVE'
ANR2200I Storage pool GENPOOL1 defined (device class GENCLASS1).

ANS8002I Highest return code was 15.
----

So how do I use the device?