ADSM-L

Tapes being set to Unavailable (was Re: 3584 Cleaning Frequency)

2003-10-16 15:14:06
Subject: Tapes being set to Unavailable (was Re: 3584 Cleaning Frequency)
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:11:32 -0400
Have you had the firmware on the drives brought uptodate?

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG 10/16/03 02:43PM >>>
IBM.. and it is happening with frequency on tapes that are new, as well as
tapes we have had since day one.  I cleaned the drives manually (using the
panel on the 3584), but we are still getting a few unavailables each
night.

I did some research on the tapes that went unavailable over the last 30
days, and all of the ones I checked had another error nearby.. indicating
that the dismount of that volume failed, and it may still be in the
drive... yet, they never are, they seem to be dismounted successfully.
I am still trying to figure this out... if anyone has a suggestion.
Thanks

"Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,GL-CSC" <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
10/16/2003 07:35 AM