ADSM-L

Re: Subfile backups (or Adaptive Copy)

2003-10-14 22:50:10
Subject: Re: Subfile backups (or Adaptive Copy)
From: Krzysztof WOZNIAK <k.wozniak AT ECU.EDU DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:32:28 +0800

I've just attended the TSM Implementation course.
The number of deltas was quoted to be only 20.
Can this number be modified?

I intend to use adaptive backup to backup
user data on the flock of PCs and Apples.
The users may use either dial-up lines or LAN.

Is there a method for checking beforehand
whether the current backup session is going
to be a base or a meta backup?
This info would be used to prevent - or at least
warn the user to not to use diap-up lines for
huge backup sessions.

With regards,
--
Mr Krzysztof Wozniak        ,-_|\      E-mail: K.WOZNIAK AT ecu.edu DOT au
Edith Cowan University     /     \      Phone: 61-8-9273 8026