ADSM-L

Re: Anyone using OTG DiskXtender?

2003-10-14 13:48:49
Subject: Re: Anyone using OTG DiskXtender?
From: Justin Case <justin.case AT DUKE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:47:03 -0400
Almost the same environment that we have currently and the biggest issues
are that when you need to fetch file back to disk
it will use all of the tape drives that are available.
Another issue is that we were on a daily conference call for out system
with DiskXtender2000 running
and when DiskXtender2000 was fetching files we had issues with the CIFS
share becoming unavailable
daily and some days many time having this issue. Not pretty for the user
base on a production machine.

Justin Case
Duke University
919 684-3421

Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 10/14/2003 01:39:04
PM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>